header Subtitle

CELEBRATING SEX, SIN & ALL THAT IS HORROR-SHOW

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy Birthday, Catwoman

"It was so wonderful being on Batman because you could be nasty and mean
and in the `50s women could never - unless you were some B picture actress -
be mean, bad and nasty.  It was so satisfying; I can't tell you how satisfying it was."


Statuesque beauty of stage and screen, Julie Newmar, celebrates her 78th birthday today.
Most often remembered for her role as 'Catwoman' (for which she designed her own costume),
Newmar would go on to appear in many other programs including notable turns
in The Twilight Zone, F Troop, Bewitched, The Beverly Hillbillies, Star Trek, The Monster Squad
and Get Smart.  The sexpot would also appear in a 1968 Playboy pictorial at the age of 35.

click pics for larger images
"Tell me I'm beautiful, it's nothing.  Tell me I'm intellectual - I know it.
Tell me I'm funny and it's the greatest compliment in the world anyone could give me."

2 comments:

  1. Man, I used to have a serious crush on her as a kid watching "Batman". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, right there with ya. I truly believe she might have given me my first chubby. LOL

    ReplyDelete