header Subtitle

CELEBRATING SEX, SIN & ALL THAT IS HORROR-SHOW

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Punk's Not Dead, But Sid Is


“Undermine their pompous authority, reject their moral standards,
make anarchy and disorder your trademarks. Cause as much
chaos and disruption as possible, but don’t let them take you alive!”


He wouldn't, either.
On this day in 1979, the punk poster-boy (real name John Ritchie)
checked himself out with a lethal dose of heroin while on bond for the
suspected murder of his girlfriend Nancy Spungen.

Sid's rendition of "My Way"
an epochal moment in the annals of punk rock.


Days after his cremation, his mother found a suicide note in his jacket proclaiming:
"We had a death pact and I have to keep my half of the bargain.
Please bury me next to my baby in my leather jacket, jeans and motorcycle boots. Goodbye."


 (click pics for larger images)

No comments:

Post a Comment